I’m Emma and I’m a licensed professional counselor. I’m also an ex professor of philosophy, I do improv comedy, and I love to read and write. I am creative and warm, but for years I didn’t know how to channel those qualities and I became anxious and down on myself trying to fit into boxes that didn’t work for me.
I get the experience of pain, fear, and self criticism, and I also know what it’s like on the other side. Through the process of healing, I became passionate about helping others who are sensitive and have a lot to express.
My therapeutic approach helps you develop strength, understanding, and joy. My expertise focuses on working with creative, thoughtful women suffering from being stuck in their heads and not feeling good enough. I help individuals come home to the truth of who they are and learn to practice self-compassion. I know that healing and joy are possible for you.
- Licensed Professional Counselor with over 14 years of counseling, supervisory, and teaching experience.
- Holds a Masters in Counseling from University of Colorado, Denver
- Holds Masters in Philosophy from University of Colorado, Boulder
- Trained in EMDR
- Trained in Internal Family Systems
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Certified Therapist
- Has worked as a community-based therapist and also in outpatient, residential, day treatment facilities with adults, children and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Trained in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Play Therapy, Somatic Therapy and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Experience working with eating disorders, sexual issues, identity issues, depression, anxiety and trauma.
- National Certified Counselor