Women face a specific set of struggles.
- Have anxious or obsessive thoughts about not being good enough
- Struggle with compulsive behaviors (sex, eating)
- Try to find value through romantic relationships and then feel dissatisfied
- Have trouble getting in touch with who we are or what we want
- Find it hard to inhabit own bodies
- Are tight or sore but don’t know why
- Feel overwhelmed by everyone’s demands on us and have difficulty setting boundaries
- Experience panic attacks
- Don’t know where to put our energy
- Struggle with disordered eating and body image
These feelings can get more intense when we’re going through life transitions such as break-ups, death, health issues, and career changes.
I have been there, and I know that joy, acceptance and self compassion are possible. You deserve to love who you are and to be your truest, most vibrant self.